Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No Name, No Gender

Went shopping today for some baby items. I have been feeling bad because the baby is coming next month and I have hardly anything for her. No bed, no room and hardly any clothes. It has caused me to already feel like a terrible mother. So, today I bought some outfits, a dresser, a cute whale tub and a play and go crib for her to use when I go to my parents and in laws. I noticed while I was shopping, that all the clothes I was grabbing were green, yellow, gray and brown. All neutral colors that define no gender! My baby is going to be one of those kids that people have to hope they are guessing the right gender because the clothes are not giving it away. I have never liked labeling a child by putting them in pink or blue, guess that makes me a sociolgist. So, even though the babies sex is female, her gender will be undefined. Sound crazy? Maybe, but that is why I am piercing her ears as a new born...maybe that will help?

We also STILL do not have a name picked out. I thought that we were going to name her Naomi Ella Ontiveros, but mark is still not crazy about it and when I say it out loud it sounds weird. So, here are some of the names we came up with. I figure, if we have a list of names, then we will decided what her name is when we see her...or she could end up with no name or being called Baby (which is her name as of right now).

  • Naomi Ella
  • Amaya Tiana
  • Liliana (Lillie for short) (no middle name)
  • Leila
  • Gabriella
  • Mia

1 comment:

  1. I love the name Gabriella! That would be perfect. I love the comments on your blog, sweetie. You have a great sense of humor, especially about your pregnancy.

    Love Always, Dad

    ReplyDelete