Saturday, January 12, 2013

Theme Torn

Okay...so Lily is turning one next month. And I need to start planning her one year birthday party. It's gotta be awesome...I mean, it has to be the most creative party I can muster up in my brain. Why? Because Lily is the queen of our home and deserves the best. So, ideas????
Well, I am torn between two themes. Candy Land and Sock Monkey. Candy Land theme is great because there are so many ways to be creative with the decorations, the food and Lily LOVES food. Sock Monkey is cute, age appropriate and healtheir than eating a booka load of candy. So torn...can't decide. I wish that she was old enough to say, 'mommy, i'd like a princess party', but alas, she cannot speak. I guess this is a good thing though, it will probably be the only time I will be able to choose her theme for her birthday party, the rest of the years she will have an opinion whether I like it or not.
Okay, enough jabber, these are some of the fun ideas I have according to each theme. I have to make my decision by the end of the month so I can start planning. What will it be???
So this is the Candy Land Theme. How cool are those balloons! Cellophane, balloon and painted wrapping paper tubes.

Cellophane and colored paper plates...EASY!

Okay, i'm not this talented...but I am sure I could pull something like this off.

And then lots of candy with the game board. Such a cute Idea!

Love it!


Lily has a lot of pink sock monkey stuff, so it would work to have her stuffed animals be part of the decor.

Very cute ideas.
 

Lily is a sock monkey baby, so I feel like this theme is more her...but not as fun!

This won't happen...but I thought they were cute


And then we can make invitations like this and have pictures taken with her sock monkey hat?
I'M SO TORN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment