Sunday, October 20, 2013

Horton Wedding 2013

This weekend we had the opportunity to attend my brother Daniels wedding in Allenspark Colorado at the Wild Basin Lodge. All of the Horton children and spouses were able to reunite to see my brother marry his soul mate. We had so much fun, even if it was for only two short days being with each other. It has been a few years since we were all together at the same time, and I miss those days of laughter. I have such an amazing family, they amaze me. I learn, I laugh and I feel so much happiness being with them. We definitely need to get together once a year.
The night before the wedding, we had the grooms dinner, my mom made an amazing meal and we had the chance to get to know Kari's family as well as their friends. We sang karaoke, which some people were pro's and others preferred to watch. I did sing, but it took a duet with Andrew in order to sing by myself. Lily was the evenings dancer and was mesmerized by the various performances. That girl is so crazy.
 


Seriously, she was amazed.



'Afternoon Delight'

Dad even sang!
 

 

 

 
 
Daniel and Kari were married 10/19/2013. It was such a beautiful wedding! Not just because of the gorgeous scenery, but because of the beautiful couple. Their love is so honest, and you can tell they really care for each other. They truly are soul mates and I welcome Kari with open arms into our family because I can see how happy she makes my brother. And she will be a wonderful mother to my brothers two girls. I am excited to see what the future holds for them.
 


He is such a cute daddy



She looked so beautiful. Love her dress!





My beautiful nieces, Joylynn and Avery.
We partied hard at the reception, especially Lily. She danced like a crazy woman, and stole the show. However, she became the party pooper by the end of the night...literally. We had only brought two diapers to the lodge, and happened to use all of them. So what does she do? Poop in the last 15 min of the reception. Since I did not want to miss saying goodbye to my brother, I let her roam the dance floor with a poopy diaper. Those who thought she was so cute, now just saw her as stinky. People started laughing because it smelled like poop...and that was a good way to separate the crowd off the dance floor to end the night. It was pretty funny.






 
Beautiful wedding and loads of fun. Love my family and can't wait to see them again!
 
And some random photos...of course a family photo
Lily and Charlie are twins

I love Isaac


Lily LOVED her cousin Brianna, such a sweetie!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment