Well, if you can't tell by the title, IT'S A BOY! Looks like the Chinese calendar and the old wives tales were right. And looks like my inner self was calling it 'he' and 'little guy' for a reason. We are very excited of course. We will now have a set, our salt and pepper, our fork and spoon, etc.
We had prepped Lily for the ultrasound appointment, so she could understand what we were looking at. I had shown her other ultrasound photos including her own so she new what to expect. When the baby came on the screen, she says 'ah! IT'S A SPACE ROBOT!' lol, she was kind of right.
When we started the ultrasound, I'd expected to have to wait a bit till the sonographer would tell us the gender. Right away she asks 'want to know the gender?', 'Sure!' was my response. With lily it took a while till she could tell us what it was, but not this kiddo, he was spread eagle. It was very clear, which is good. I won't be doubting it's a boy. Later in the parking lot, Mark and I were looking at the pictures, and I just had to make the joke to Mark 'honey, he's built like you!' lol! (I'm hilarious, I know).
Now what to call this child! We cannot find a boy name that both Mark and I agree on! He likes more sportsy cool names like Rey, and I like more traditional names like Noah or Eli. Guess we didn't have a name for Lily either until about a month before she was born...he will not go unnamed.
Mark is pretty excited, and now believes this can finalize our family. I'd beg to differ. Unless there are some future unforeseen circumstances why we would stop...we must grow. But we shall see.
So far everything looks good on the ultrasound. They placed me a week ahead of schedule so we will see if my OB changes the due date. I need to return for more scans since the boy was moving so much they could not get all the shots they needed. I was worried that he would be small due to my current diet, but he is now at 15 ounces! the Chunck! Now I know where all the fat in my body is going too!
We had prepped Lily for the ultrasound appointment, so she could understand what we were looking at. I had shown her other ultrasound photos including her own so she new what to expect. When the baby came on the screen, she says 'ah! IT'S A SPACE ROBOT!' lol, she was kind of right.
When we started the ultrasound, I'd expected to have to wait a bit till the sonographer would tell us the gender. Right away she asks 'want to know the gender?', 'Sure!' was my response. With lily it took a while till she could tell us what it was, but not this kiddo, he was spread eagle. It was very clear, which is good. I won't be doubting it's a boy. Later in the parking lot, Mark and I were looking at the pictures, and I just had to make the joke to Mark 'honey, he's built like you!' lol! (I'm hilarious, I know).
Now what to call this child! We cannot find a boy name that both Mark and I agree on! He likes more sportsy cool names like Rey, and I like more traditional names like Noah or Eli. Guess we didn't have a name for Lily either until about a month before she was born...he will not go unnamed.
Mark is pretty excited, and now believes this can finalize our family. I'd beg to differ. Unless there are some future unforeseen circumstances why we would stop...we must grow. But we shall see.
So far everything looks good on the ultrasound. They placed me a week ahead of schedule so we will see if my OB changes the due date. I need to return for more scans since the boy was moving so much they could not get all the shots they needed. I was worried that he would be small due to my current diet, but he is now at 15 ounces! the Chunck! Now I know where all the fat in my body is going too!
We revealed the gender to our parents and grandma later that night. we wanted to do something fun since with Lily we had just called to tell them after the ultrasound, which was kind of boring. We told the grandparents that they would not find out until later that night, so to be to Mark's parents house by 6:30pm. Mark ordered a pizza from Papa Murphy's and asked them to write 'Boy' with pepperoni on the pizza. Then we would have the family wait until the pizza was done and they would see. Well...things don't always go according to plan as I've learned in life, so swung by Old Navy after work to get lily some new clothes and picked up a piece of clothing for the little guy just in case we needed it for that night. I also realized how little selection there is for boys clothes! choices are blue or green and trucks or monsters...my kids already to cool for all that. lol
Fast forward to 6:30pm...Mark and I popped the pizza into the oven and we instructed the family that we would eat dinner first before sharing the gender. As we were talking with the family, Mark brought up the fact that the baby could possibly be born on my birthday. Then he started to say, 'Andrea would hate that cause she hates sharing her birthday already with fathers day (which is very true)! Then HE would hate having to share HIS birthday with HIS mom!' At that point, Tina looks at me with a wide eyed expression of 'I caught that!'...I quickly got up and walked to Mark in the kitchen, at that point he knew he let the secret out. OOPS, LOL! Poor guy. Luckily my parents and grandma were not paying attention to anything he was saying, so we knew we could still make it work. So, on the second pizza I wrote 'Girl' with the pepperoni. This way, we could take out the girl pizza first and place it on the pink table cloth to confuse them, and then bring out the boy pizza and tell them it is actually a boy. So, girl pizza comes out, drum roll, and we place it on the pink table cloth...well, looks like I'm not a pizza making artist and they had no idea what was written on the pizza! My mom finally said, 'it's a girl?' Still confused looking at the pizza, we bring out the boy pizza and place it on the blue table cloth, then I say 'nope, it's actually a lil' dude' and whip out the onsie I'd bought earlier in the day. They were pretty excited. Probably more excited to be done trying to figure out this confusing experience, but we had fun attempting to be creative. Not exactly how we planned it, but we tried. Next time we will keep it secret until the baby is born.
I'm nervous to have a boy, excited to have a boy and can't wait to meet him...actually I can wait another 19 weeks.
I'm nervous to have a boy, excited to have a boy and can't wait to meet him...actually I can wait another 19 weeks.
![]() |
| The ladies in our lives are definitely excited for the lil' dude. |
![]() |
| Pizza says Boy |
| Took Lily out this weekend for her 3yr photo shot, thought we'd take the opp to take a few baby announcements photos as well. |
| Evidence of the boy |
| Was having a good 'bump' day at work. 20 Weeks |


No comments:
Post a Comment