After 10 very long months, finally had the gallbladder removed. I'll be honest, as silly as it seems I did not believe I'd survive the surgery. First time ever having surgery, kind of had me freaked out. Then again i also did not believe I'd survive childbirth the first time and look at me now. The surgery went very fast. Checked in at 6:45am, was out going home by 8:30am. Mark did not even have to use the bottle I prepared for Jake. The general anesthesia worried me the most, as I've never been put under. They wheeled me into the surgery room, the anesthesiologist put an oxygen mask over my face and told me to take a few deep breaths. I only remember breathing in three times before someone was waking me telling me the surgery went well and I was in recovery. I was confused at first wondering why I was there and then remembered I had just had surgery. Such a bazar experience...and really wished the surgery had gone longer the 20 minutes, cause I did not want to wake up from the nap! So far I've recovered well, just soreness in my belly button where the cut to get the gallbladder out and sore on the side where the gallbladder was. The first few days were ruff from pain and nausea, but I'm alive and doing better. Just pray I continue to get healthy. I am missing the gym SO bad. Can't do any intense exercise aside from walking for 4 more weeks. It's making me crazy to not be working on my physical goals, but feeling blessed it is over and that I can have hope for a healthy life.
I'm pondering on my blessings as I sit here, nursing Jake in the mothers lounge at church. I have a lot to be grateful for. I don't believe God favors us over another. I believe most of the time life just plays harder on others out of no fault of their own. Stuff has happened to us that sucks, but I'm lucky so far with the cards I've been dealt. Just pray life continues to be good to us.
Now we prep to move in two months. Feeling nervous to move, but I know I just need to trust the lord that everything will work out for our little family the way it should.
 |
| I definitely get a little cabin fever when I'm stuck in the house all day...poor kidos have to deal with kookie mommy. |
 |
| cute daddy! Jake is so cute in that thing..and so tiny! |
 |
| Great Grandma O is out of the hospital and could finally meet her new great grandson! |
 |
| Lily and her sweet friend Katy. |
 |
| Some one is stealing cookies from the cookie jar while mommy feeds baby brother... |
No comments:
Post a Comment