We were able to spend 10 days in Utah last week. Mark has some good vacation perks with his company, and luckily we are out of busy season, so it was time to visit family. We had the Horton reunion and Mark's cousin Marcelinas wedding to attend. We stayed three days at my sisters, which was perfect so lily could have lots of play time with her cousins (especially Ben). Rebecca enjoyed playing with Jacob, it was so nice to actually have someone willing to watch him while I showered for once! Mark got to go golfing every day we were there (I'm a good wife) except on my Birthday (I'm not that good of a wife). We went to the Sweet's Candy Co. and went on a little virtual tour of the factory, we had fun pretending we were in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, but unfortunately no oompaloompa. We won some taffy and bought a bunch of cheap candy.
We took Lily, Cousin Ben and Jacob to the Museum of Curiosity, they had a blast playing together. Lily really loves her Cousin Ben, he is so sweet with her!
Tina came up on Wednesday and we stayed in a Hotel with her.
Thursday I turned 32, so what does a 32 yr old woman want to do on her birthday? GO TO LAGOON. I've never been to Lagoon, and I've decided that whatever we do on my birthday, it'll be mainly for the kids to have fun (last year was chuckee cheese) I just have a better day when I see the happy smile on Lily's face. BUT, we adults had lots of fun too. My favorite ride was the water rafting ride and also 'Bamoo?' not sure if that's the right name...but it was my favorite to ride with Lily. She is such a dare devil and tall enough now to go on a lot of the bigger rides. I loved every minute of it! once the park closed, we went to Leatherbys for some Sundaes and Burgers (mmm, fry sauce) and fell asleep. This was my favorite birthday thus far. No cake to sing happy birthday, no trying to figure out when we would meet up with family, No fuss over what I wanted to do or acknowledgment that it's mommy's birthday...just pure fun all day long, just the way I wanted it.
We spent sometime at temple square on Friday, took lots of pictures and went to dinner with the family at the Roof. Saturday we attended Marcelinas wedding, got all dressed up and enjoyed some great times with Marks' family. Marcelina look beautiful and we are very happy for their little family, Johnnie seems like a good man.
Sunday we left around 8pm, but first we had a fathers day picnic at the park with family and celebrated Jacobs 1st birthday. He got to share his day with his daddy, or rather daddy got to share his day with Jacob. We are so grateful for Mark, he is an amazing daddy to our little ones, and I love him so much. He did not make a peep about not getting all the attention of the day, and that is what makes Mark so special, not a selfish person and so easy going.
It was so hard to come home, especially because it was 110 when we arrived home at 9:30PM...it's been so hot! We definitely revisited the conversation about moving to SLC someday...but then again, it's not winter yet ;)
Now, unorganized pictures for viewing pleasure:
 |
| Our fancy family |
 |
| The babies. Maya is the cutest little girl! |
 |
| Lily hitting the dance floor |
 |
| 'Snoze Berry, who'd eva heard of a Snoze Berry' |
 |
| Cool Copper fire pit. I really need a fire pit someday! |
 |
| Finding our way through the maze |
 |
| They were Roaring like bears |
 |
| We love Leatherbys! |
 |
| Happy Birthday to me! |
 |
| not quite yet budders |
 |
| Mark won this for Lily in a 3-pointer game. He was the highest score for the whole day (we double checked before we left) So attractive! |
 |
| Love going on Rides as a family |
 |
| Photo on the left was taken June 2009 when were engaged, photo on the left is June 2016 with two little ones. See what kissing can do?! |
 |
| This photo makes me laugh. Lily and Jacob were so done with having to pose for pictures by this point, and it is reflected nicely in this photo. lol poor kids! |
 |
| On our way to the wedding. I was examining this photo and realizing just how 'aged' I'm looking. I should not talk down about myself, but I've been feeling tired and old lately. New face cream needed perhaps? lol. I've been finding lots of grey hairs too. I think I peaked at 25...good think I got Mark when I did . LOL! |
 |
| Me with my hot date |
His birthday brow
 |
| so now for random pictures. I did an Atlas Stone workout before the vacation, and I was pretty proud of my bruises from doing it. I also flipped a tractor tire, so fun! I got first place in a workout last week and held a handstand for 20 seconds four times. I'm kicking butt! |
 |
| This was the day we got back from Utah...hence my hesitation to return. |
 |
| Love my stylish lady! |
 |
| Lily makes her own styles, she wanted multiple head bands this day...she wears it nicely. |
 |
| The boy is climbing everything lately. This is a guitar case in my room, leaning on a rocking chair, leading to the blinds...which was the goal. he succeeded. |
No comments:
Post a Comment