Tuesday, November 1, 2016

San Francisco 2016


Mark was gone for the first two weeks of October, which sucked. The kids and I stayed in Tucson during that time, cause being alone with two kids and family only two hours away...why not? We had fun hanging out with family and friends, but the best part of all? I got to visit Mark over the weekend in San Francisco where he was working. The firm pays for my flight, we just pay for the rest. It was probably the most fun I've had with Mark in a long time. San Francisco is such a fun place!
Though, it was hell to get there. Funny story: I was scheduled on the last flight from Phoenix to San Francisco, but I had to first fly from Tucson to Phoenix...yes, you heard, Tucson TO Phoenix which is only a 23 min flight. Well, I was on time to my flight from Tucson to Phoenix, however the Phoenix airport was down a runway and could not receive us on time. SO we waited two hours in the Tucson airport to board our 23 min flight AND One hour in the runway getting ready to take off. I get to the Phoenix airport late, but my flight out was delayed...so when we landed (which they had to let us out of the plane outside and guide us to the airport, I had about 15 min to make it to my connecting flight to San Francisco...which was ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FREAKING AIRPORT! I got there just as my plane was pulling away and they told me it was too late to board. I don't think I have ever said so many inappropriate words to a customer service employee in my life. And to top it all off, they do not give Vouchers for hotels to missed flights due to airport technical issues. I had left my keys to our house in Tucson, so going to my home to sleep was not an option, my only option was to sleep in the airport until 10:30am the next day. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband, who worked everything out for me and we convinced the airline to give me a hotel voucher. It was hell to get to San Fran, but soooo worth it in the end.


Day one: We walked about 23 miles the whole day. Marks hotel was right at the Dragon Gates which open to China town, so we started there, discovering the shops and food of course. I LOVE Chinatown. Probably my favorite part of San Fran. It's like going to another country without having to leave the states! awesome. Then we went thru little Italy, walked to fishermans warf, pier 39, Ghirardelli square, tried to get as close as we could get to the golden gate bridge and finished the night by having some yummy Chinese food in Chinatown. Such a fun day!


Day two: We walked again to our destinations. However we had a football game to watch, so four hours of the day were lost...oh well. In the morning we went to Eastside Bakery, our favorite bakery in Chinatown for some Cocktail rolls.  We tried to get some Mochi from this place recommended on Yelp, but they were not made yet. When we went back in the afternoon, they were sold out...crazy! After the game, we walked to fishermans warf. On the way we walked alongside the Columbus day parade going on in little Italy. It was so fun, perfect weather, I love this place. When we got to the Warf, we took a boat ride to the Golden Gate bridge, and around Alcatraz. It was so fun. We walked around more, looking at everything, soaking it all in (went to Nike Town of course, Portland's is better) and ended the night eating Pizza in Little Italy and a Cocktail roll. We even bought a Frappuccino for a homeless man (they are everywhere). I did not want to leave the next day. Especially because it was another week till Mark came home. What a good weekend! Now time for a picture OVERLOAD! The pictures are backwards, so we are starting with the 2nd day and working to the first.


Such a Tourist.

Beautiful costumes, I love culture!


We're on a boat!













We had a fun second day. No more pics though, just focused on soaking everything in.



There were a lot of couple selfies, this one being the first. Outside the Dragons Gate when we got to the hotel.


These are probably the best things I've ever tasted. Cocktail rolls from Eastside Bakery. We had about 6 of them each within the two days. SO delicious.

Love Chinatown. I really wanted to try some PeiKeing Duck, but did not get the chance. I assume the other is Squid? Or Alien, whatever.

Last time I was here, Spring Break 2004, so much more fun this time around.

Gotta get some Boudin Sourdough and Clam Chowder!



'Bear Down'
Fleet Week was going on while we were there, it was so cool to watch the airshow as we looked at the sites
Love this man
This is as close as we could get the first day to the bridge.

The Weather was incredible.



















No comments:

Post a Comment