December was a great, yet interesting month.
We started out the month with no Mark for the first two weeks. He had to go to New Mexico for an audit, came home on the weekend in between the two weeks and we braved it here in Gilbert on our own. I had thought about me and the kids to my moms in Tucson for the two weeks, but I did not want to miss any time in the gym and Lily was going to have her end of season show at Little gym, so we decided to stay. The first day alone, we were coming out of church, go to start the Durango and it decides not to start. *sob* Luckily (if there is a lucky anything in this story) we were at church and Mormons are known to jump at an opportunity to serve. About four men, two women took a look at the car, nothing. Then a wonderful sister in the ward has a son who is a mechanic, he looked at the car, banged some stuff and it started. Looks like there is a bad fuel pump. I decided we were long overdue in getting a car. so, that weekend the we got our new Kia Soul! Yay! I love my new car! We are still going to get the Durango fixed, just at a later date. BUT, it is so nice to actually have a car that works and I don't have anxiety its going to leave us stranded somewhere.

THEN, that week Lily also got hives due to some unknown allergy that is still a mystery and Jacob was playing with the outlets and we were out of electricity for a day. BUT, we survived. The following week Lily had her little gym performance which was wonderful, and we went to Marks company party, no children (thank heavens) and had a great time with hilarious adults.
Third week, Mark came home. We left with him that week to another audit in Sedona at my favorite resort, La'berge. This time we brought the kids and stayed in one of the cabins. The cabin was amazing. It was pretty much like staying in a regular house. It was so beautiful, the kids loved playing in the outdoor shower, Jumping on the giant bed, the duck pond and going up the giant stairs. We also made smores in the fire place. When we left we visited Telaquepaque (can't remember the name, old Spanish mission in Sedona) It was decorated with Christmas lights and lots of fall foliage, It was a lot of fun. We had a great time together. weekend we returned, we got our Christmas tree. I was having a bad day, feeling down and did not want to find a tree cause I did not want to pay $50 for a Noble Fir, which was the only kind I like. BUT, I have an amazing husband, who despite his crazy wife, will do anything to make her happy. Did you know the price on Christmas trees is negotiable? Neither did we! But Mark took a leap and asked, sure enough they are. We got a Noble Fir for $25 bucks! We could've chosen any size for that price, but I like them little...apartment/transport friendly. Christmas milagro! And proof I have an amazing man by my side.
 |
| Lily and her Mini Jacks class |
 |
| Our time in Sedona. I'll post more pics in separate post....cause I took a lot with my real camera, these are just cell phone! |
Fourth week was Christmas week. We celebrated Monday thru Wednesday with my dad at our place. Went to the Temple lights, made a Christmas feast, exchanged presents and got the stomach flu. YUP! First was Jacob, then my dad and I got it, then came Lily and Mark did not get it till the day after Christmas...no fun, but it went fast.
We went to Tucson for Christmas, stayed at Tinas for the two week vacation. My mom, Ricardo and Aunt Lynn joined us for Christmas eve at Tinas house. I made Tamales, tina made enchiladas, which is our new traditional meal. Santa came, the kids were really good this year and got lots of presents, especially our favorite books (piggy and elephant). Lily got her first Barbie doll and house + Car, and the Stay Puft Marshmallow man doll she wanted, along with lots of surprise blind bags she loves. Jacob got a batman doll, lots of animal/dinosaur figures and some Little People play sets...but he prefers playing with Lilys Elena of Avalor dolls instead. Then it was Christmas at my moms house. We enjoyed eating her empanadas and opening up more presents. It was a wonderful holiday. We spent half the week in Tucson, came home for a couple days to work out in our gym, and then back to Tucson to ring in the new year. It was a great month, sad to see the holidays end. January always depresses me as I'm taking down the tree, realizing another year is already over. Time goes really fast, you try to capture and soak up all the precious moments of the season, but they just go so quickly. *sigh*
 |
| Where's the mistletoe? We are laughing BTW, we still have the sense of humor of an 8 year old child, kisses make us giggle apparently. |
 |
| These were not the tamales I made for Christmas, BUT they were practice and delicious. I did not get a picture of our Christmas feast. The masa preparada we got from Milagros was amazing. Definitely doing this every Christmas. |
 |
| Lily decided she did not want to wait the days leading to Dec. 24th. I need to hide these next year. |
 |
| LOVE THIS PICTURE! I did not get one of them fully clothed, but I think this is pretty accurate to their day to day attire in the house. They are in front of our beautiful Christmas tree. |
 |
| Ginger bread house tradition. Pretty sure most of the candy went into their mouths then on the house. That's the point, right?! |
 |
| Jacob ate what Santa could not. |
 |
| Santa's little helpers |
 |
| We were so ready for a nap! BTW, did not happen. |
 |
| Our beautiful family, Christmas day |
 |
| Amma's house Christmas day |
 |
| Jacob in his Space Jam out fit and new kicks. Lookin' good Jakey poo! |
 |
| Lily acting excited...such a ham. |
 |
| Sweet Grandpa |
 |
| Jacob doesn't waist time |
 |
| Ergonomic seating for grandpa |
 |
| Great Aunt Lynn |
 |
| What is on her sleeve? |
 |
| LOVE THEM! |
 |
| Mark Leading the Christmas Carols |
 |
| A boy and his Batman doll |
 |
| My 3-D cake...fail. haha |
 |
| The loot from Santa |
 |
| Christmas Morning |
 |
| Finding the note from Santa |
 |
| Again with the Elena dolls! oye! |
No comments:
Post a Comment