Not much to mention about this month, Lily's birthday was the big event. We don't see much of Mark these days, aside from the weekend. He is working from 8am to 10pm almost every night. This is turning out to be a true busy season for him. We knew it would be this way though, I don't like it, but we can handle it till April. I've been focusing on keeping busy with the kids and working on my Crossfit goals. I feel myself improving everyday and getting closer to my Crossfit community which is always motivating. I've just started counting Macros this week, which is turning out to be really difficult to meet my daily numbers. My split on training days is: P165, C237, F43 cals1994 and rest days: P201, C110, F55g cals1733. How does one get 201 grams of protein in one day while minimizing carb and fat intake?! usually I miss my numbers by a gram or so, but I feel like I'm eating all day. Never thought that'd be a problem, but it is annoying! lol. That being said, I'm already down 4lbs in a week, probably inflammation, but I'll take it. Diet, it's a science! Lily and Jacob are doing wonderful. We all came down with an icky cold last weekend, had to miss our weekly activities. Kids had fevers but got over all the yuck after three days, I'm still struggling with the cough, but otherwise good. Valentines day we spent it at Chic-fil-a with the kids since Mark got home at 8pm. We had a good day exchanging valentines, mark is a good daddy and got the kids valentines, Lily got Barbie clothes and Jacob chose a Barbie. Yup, he wanted a Barbie and I did not stop him. His toy, his choice. Then Mark and I got to celebrate together on Saturday after Lily's birthday party. We went to Portillos (Italian beefs...fancy) and then Dave and Busters to play games. We make quite the team on these games. Especially Down the Clown which we get the Jackpot every time we play. We have such a fun time together, love my valentine. We are all doing good here, weather is perfect so we will need to do more outdoor stuff, but looking forward to seeing Mark more then 2 hours a day.
 |
| We were invited by Lily's little friend Liam to go to the Arizona Science Museum. LOVED IT! So much to see and Lily and I are science geeks. We had a blast. I did not get a pic of Liam and Lily together, but we had a great time with our friends. |
 |
| Jacob and his Barbie. Love that the clothes don't come off, he looks less creepy carrying it around. lol |
 |
| Lilys had a fun taste in outfits lately, channeling her inner ballerina. |
 |
| Is this not the face of a Stinker? His evil villain name is Stinker Binker according to Lily. |
 |
| My baby boy got his first haircut (at a legit place, not mom's bowl cuts) and he did great and looking less shabby! |
 |
Wheel chair racing, Lily dominated. Unfair advantage since Jacobs arms don't reach.
I also signed up for the Crossfit Open which began the 23rd. Each week, there is one workout that we perform and we are placed on a global leaderboard to see how well we mark in comparison to other crossfitters. I was really anxious for the first workout because I'd been sick all week, but I could not get a zero for a score! Workout 17.1 was dumbbell snatches, box jump overs and burpees. Ladder fashion 10(DB Snatch)-15(burpee, box jump over)-20-15-30-15-40-15-50-15, 75 burpee box jumps + 150 DB snatches= 225 reps. weight scaled was 20lbs and step ups instead of box jumps. Oh, and there was a time cap of 20 minutes.
So, the workout. I thought I'd be lucky if I got to round 3 due to my cold. but, I just decided to go and never take a rest. Go slow on burpees/box step ups but don't stop moving. I thought I had 45 seconds left in the workout, had 2 more reps to go. I was about to step down to do my last burpee when time was called, looks like I had 15 seconds left! I was short one stinking rep from the time cap! I was bothered but still pretty proud that I got that far despite my expectations. I could have redone the workout, but i'll take the one missed rep and try to do better on 17.2.
took some pics of where I'm at now. want to take another end of March, once the Open is over to show any progress I've made with counting Macros and working on weak points with lifting. And goofing around with my babes is always fun.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment