We celebrated the new year, started new goals and for the most part have been keeping to them. We've been busy with callings, work and the gym. Lily has gone back to dance, she is doing Ballet and Piano and is loving it. She is such a wonderful girl, and so smart. She is reading without any help and solving math problems in her head that I even need a piece of paper to do them. We are thinking of switching her to a more challenging school next year, which she seems to be excited about. I was worried she'd be sad to leave her friends, but her response 'I'll just make more friends'. Love her!
Jacob for the whole month of January, wore costumes. A friend of mine gave me her sons old costumes, and Jacob has worn them literally every day! So funny. He loves the Avengers, so he asks to be iron man, Spiderman, Capitan America and the Hulk daily. He is looking and sounding older everyday. Asking about the different body parts, like the liver, heart and femur. lol! We bought a year membership to the Science Museum, so they are loving all the learning opportunities. Where have my babies gone?! We also went to the movies with our Neighbor friends Viki, Marcus and Neveah. we have amazing neighbors here.
 |
| New years day, Lily got a shopping spree at Justice and Jacob being a cutie patootie. |
 |
| Pastries with Parents (Mark had to work), Happy Meal hats, and Lily's hilarious drawings. the one on the left was from an assignment she had colored on the back. The teacher was confused thinking lily had drawn a gun, when really it was a guitar (so funny) and the left one says 'Let's Dance' I'm loving the clef chin and abs for days. Her drawings are my favorite ever! |
 |
Mark and I got to escape alone to watch the Phoenix Open. We had fun seeing Phil M. play, Emmett Smith and Michael Phelps. I love spending time with my sweetie.
Then on to February, which flew by...
Mark and I are still working on our physical goals. We started RP again January 7th, our cut will end April 8th. It has been good, I've seen mostly change in composition and performance (which are the most important.) However lately I'm discouraged the scale is not decreasing as fast, if at all, as I'd like it to. But, I need to keep reminding myself that is not what is important. I have been trying to get back to deadlifting 300 lbs since December 2017, and have not been able to. I had been told by peers that because I'm losing weight, I would not be able to lift as much as when I'm heavier. I've been determined to prove this thought wrong! I've been doing extra weight lifting and practice for some time now to help my 'unused' muscles get stronger, and it seems to be helping. February, I finally met my goal! I wasn't going to attempt it that particular day, but I decided last minute to put on what I thought was 300 lbs. I lifted it and it felt good. When I started to deload my bar, I re calculated the weight and actually got 305 lbs! I was so thrilled to prove people wrong. I'm 20 lbs lighter then I was Dec. 2017 and lifted 5lbs more. I did not sign up for the CF Open this year since there is too much I'm working on in the gym, but I am still doing the workouts. I was the only one in my gym (scaled) to complete the entire 19.2 workout. I did not imagine I could ever squat clean 135 lbs for 7 reps, but I did it with one minute to spare. I'm happy about how much stronger I've become. It'd be nice if the scale could reflect that, but that is something I have to mentally continue to train myself not to think about (that's a whole lifetime of undoing). Mark on the other hand losses weight with ease and is getting more confident in the gym, things just come easier for him...lucky!

We had a fun Valentines family day. Exchanged treats and love, and then had our 'fancy' dinner at Fogo. Mark and Lily got the Mega Stuffed oreos...they felt loved. lol!



Wrestling/love cuddle


The weather in February was drunk. Tucson got tons of snow, we just got snow on our mountains. It was beautiful to see. However it was the same day Mark and I were running the terrain race. but it wasn't cold!

This boy is obsessed with toys!
In this picture we were at cracker barrel and he was pretending to have a little shopping spree.

Muddy muddy terrain race this year. Not as much water which was good since it was cold. I attempted a rope climp and got about two feet before slipping off. Mark finished the Monkey bars, which were really wide bars and spaced far apart. I was so proud of him. Love doing this stuff with him!

Fun time at Kami Klieser's birthday party. Jacob made it to the top tower at Uptown Jungle. Boy has no fear!

Then there was the celebration of the cutest 7 yr old ever! This girl is so amazing (I know I say this every year, but it is true!) She is so kind to others, optimistic and exudes joy. She is always smiling. She loves to come up with games to play, she loves telling jokes (even when they don't make sense) and loves to cuddle with her family. She loves to be creative with her art work, do crafts and dance. She makes up her own songs, which I will listen to her singing to herself as she plays and is always wanting to exchange stories. She is an artist. And such a smart kid! Always wanting to do what's right and be an example to others. She brightens the lives of everyone she meets, my girl is really an amazing person. I pray she always stays full of joy and optimism in this crazy world, cause we need people like her. Happy 7th Birthday my Lily bean!
We went to Tucson to celebrate Lily's birthday with the Grandma's. She got to go to Trail dust town, burger king and Mama Louisa's for dinner. It was her plans with Grammy. My mom got a new dog named Papi. We are in love with him. he is so cute!
Then Lily's birthday day, we picked her up after school and went to Fat Cats to see the Lego Movie and play lots of games. We had a really fun time. Then she wanted a 'Bendy Cake', checker board style. It turned out pretty tasty. She wasn't a fan of the candles we used, which were sparklers. She acted like the cake would explode. It was funny.
It was a good month. Now onto March! Mark starts his new Job, so fingers crossed it's a good decision.
|


No comments:
Post a Comment