We celebrated our 10 yr wedding anniversary September 25th, 2019. It is strange to think of how much time that actually is, and how fast/short it has felt.
In these 10 yrs, we have graduated colleges, started careers and ended careers, lost family to death/illness, had two pregnancy losses and two beautiful amazing children. We've traveled together, purchase home and cars, and have had medical surgeries.We've grown a lot together these 10yrs, changed for the better and encouraged a better version of ourselves every step of the way.
When I think back on our 10 yrs together, I am unapologetic in boasting about our marriage. I love Mark so much. I am truly fortunate to have found and chosen a life with not only a person I'm very attracted to, but to someone who is truly my best friend. I don't just love him, I really like him! When something good happens? I think to tell Mark. When something bad happens? I think to tell Mark. When something hilarious happens? I need to tell him right away! I did not grow up with an example of a strong marriage, so I was always pessimistic about how married life would be. However, we talk for hours and not run out of things to say to each other. That is not to say that the last 10 yrs have been perfect, cause we are not perfect people. But dang, he makes marriage feel easy.
We celebrated our anniversary by going out to dinner with our little family, just an ordinary day, but we had a good time.
Then last week he and I were able to go to L.A. for five days. We went to Universal Studios, Venice Beach and discovered a few food spots. We had a great time hanging out and going on rides. I love traveling and going away with Mark.
Here's hoping the next 10 yrs will be even more amazing!
 |
| So, I don't geek out about a lot of things, but I definitely geek out over Harry Potter. No joke, I cried a little when I walked into Hogwarts. And butterbeer is the most amazing drink ever! |
 |
| One on the top five things I've ever eaten? That burger right under Mark. Holy cow, the Patron Burger at La Tostadaria at Grand Central market was life! |
 |
| Creepin' at Venice beach |
 |
| Amazing Cerviche! |
 |
| So we ate like piggies at Grand Central Market. One of the things I love about Mark, his sense of adventure with food and well, he likes to eat yummy food as much as I do. |
 |
| I may or may not have cried when I realized how much Jacob would've love Universal Studios...moms can't do theme parks without their kids...it ruins the fun. |
 |
| Voodoo donuts was at Universal Studios! Mark got to take a taste of Portland. |
No comments:
Post a Comment