Friday, May 1, 2020

Grandma Betty Ontiveros

(Letters wrote and placed in Grandma O's grave. We miss her and will always remember her, and look forward to the day we can see her again.)

Grandma Ontiveros,

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to know you. I feel that I did not get enough time with you in my life, but I am thankful for the time I had. You are by far my favorite person in the family (possibly even over Mark). Thank you for being an example to me of love, charity and goodness. My favorite memories with you were family get togethers, every Saturday night for dinner. Watching you, with your arms folded, laughing, with a large grin on you face as the family shared precious memories and daily events, always brought happiness to my heart as I knew there was no where else you’d rather be then in the company of your family. Thank you for always making me feel welcomed in your family circle. You always helped me feel loved, that I belonged in your family. I never really knew my grandparents, but with you, I felt I had a grandmother who loved me. I loved your stories, your songs and your sassy personality, we all knew ‘you don’t mess with Grandma!’ Your love for Mark and Lily was beautiful. I love when Mark shares stories with me about you in his childhood, I can tell you both had a close friendship, you were a wonderful influence in his life and I give a lot of credit to you for the man that he is now. I often will watch the videos we took of you singing the birthday song ‘blow out the candles on the cake and make a wish…’ this has become a tradition in our family to sing for birthdays in your honor, so we feel you near. You always made effort to play with Lily. While adults would be talking, you would play peek-a-boo with her, sometimes for the entire two hours! You watched her for me so I could work, when she was still very little, which was not easy I’m sure. But I was so happy that you loved her so much to help us, you were always willing to serve your family, no matter how difficult. Never complaining, never making anyone feel that you were not enjoying your time, you had incredible patience for your loved ones. You were truly an unselfish person, no motive, never seeking personal gain from giving, you only wanted your family to be happy and never asked for anything in return. I pray that you now have peace from earthly physical struggles, and that you are re-untied now with your loved ones in Heaven, until we can all be together again. I love you and will miss you terribly. Thank you for being in my life.

–Andrea Ontiveros


I miss you so much and, I just wish you could be with me longer to see me grow up.  I wish I could see you  again in my life. Love lily Ontiveros

I love you grandma O and I miss you. – Jacob Ontiveros


Grandma, I love you so much. I am so grateful for all the time I was able to spend with you. I will always cherish the Friday night sleepovers and then going to the Tucson Mall all day Saturday. I will always remember that you never missed one of my basketball games. I appreciate more than you could know all the support you provided me no matter what I wanted to do. I remember you taking me to my golf lessons and then sitting in your car for hours while I practiced. I remember you always taking me to the batting cage no matter the weather. I am greatful for the example that you set for me in how to treat people and how to make everyone feel special. I love you and I will miss you so much but I am know that I will get to see you again one day. –Mark Ontiveros

















No comments:

Post a Comment