Monday, July 6, 2020

June 2020

We had a really fun month despite the coronavirus and protests going on right now. Our country is kind of crazy, but we are happy in our life.
The month started off with me winning the weight loss competition for the gym! wahoo! I was shocked, because I really did not lose that much weight, just about 12 lbs. But, my body composition did change, and I dropped 4 percent body fat. I won't tell the judges they were wrong, so i'll be happy with my $180.


We painted Jacobs room, spider man theme, in hopes that he would be excited to sleep in his room more often. Well, he is excited about his room, but not to sleep in it. Not gonna lie, I like to have him close to me when he sleeps...enjoying it while I can.
We did a lot of splash pad in June, did some projects at home and overall enjoyed chilling more at home. Even though the stay at home restrictions have been lifted, we still try to stay home to avoid getting sick. Better safe then sorry.
I made a sourdough starter (thanks to the help of my friends) and made this delicious loaf of bread for the first time ever! Thank you covid-19









I had a wonderful birthday, turned 36 this year, and enjoyed every birthday wish with my little family of 4. We took the kids to the splash pad and  had a picnic. Then got Chinese takeout and a Bundt cake, and celebrated at home. We watched little Women while cuddling together with my new weighted blanket and just enjoyed a quiet evening together. I loved it! I just love my family so much, it was exactly the birthday I wanted. The morning of my birthday, I was driving to the gym and was thinking about turning 36. I can honestly not think of any other time in my life that I've been happier. Some say they miss their youth, or being in their 20's single without children of responsibilities. I really feel that my life is happiest right now. Mark and I have a great routine together, we are very close and love each other so much, I love my children and they are both at ages right now that they want to have fun with their family but have some independence as well. I really hope that with each year of my life, I feel that life can't get any better. I know we will have trials, but being in this present moment and enjoying life around me is pretty spectacular.
We went to Tucson for Jacobs birthday and I finally got to go to Meg my hairdresser to get a haircut...it felt fabuloso!

Tucson had some really bad fires in the Catalina mountains this year. All around AZ there were fires, it even caused lily her first asthma attack...it sucked!

Lovin' my wauwu

This pic was taken by Jacob, and it made me laugh...pretty typical night in our household.
















Jacob turned 5!!! I'll have that update in a separate post. He is the cutest little man ever and we love him so much!!
Then we went to Utah to visit family. Mark spent every day golfing with his uncle, while the kids and I played with cousins. We were all very happy with our vacation. Utah weather is perfect right now. We went to Ashton gardens, a water park, two lakes and enjoyed eating a lot of ice-cream. We celebrated the 4th of July and watch tons of Ariel fireworks going off around my sisters neighborhood. It was great to get away from Arizona, which is crazy hot and crazy with covid-19 cases right now. It was just a really good break.
And now, a crap ton of pics!




































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment