About two weeks ago I made a quick decision to apply for the HR Generalist position with my companies west location working with Apple technology employees. I was encouraged by my peers to apply for the position, they have a lot of faith in me. I was doubtful about recieving the postion as I have not yet reached two years in HR and have been working as an assistant to HR with no prior experience. I read through the resumes of those who were applying for the position (as I have access to those things) and realized just how little experience I have in comparison to these verterans of HR that were applying for the position.
Well, after 6 interviews with both SDM's for the site, our regional HR director, HR manager, HR assistant manager and our Vice president of operations, I landed the promotion!!! I could be super excited about the huge pay increase, or the fact that I will be working at one of our nicest locations, but really I am just excited to gain some really great experience and work closer with the employees.
When I recieved the news I felt that I was going to vomit. I am REALLY going to miss my current team. They are my mentors and have given me the tools to succeed in my current role. Plus, they are my friends...I am so sad to leave my center. I am also going to miss the employees that I have known and followed since they started with the company...bittersweet. And it is such a big responsibilty and a lot of people counting on me to do a great job. PRESSURE! But I trust my peers, and if they have faith that I can excell in this position...then I will!
No comments:
Post a Comment