Saturday, July 16, 2011

Unexpected July

I used to believe that I could control everything in my life. If something happend that I was not expecting, I could always pin point it to a decision that I had made that lead to the unexpected event. Well, July has proved me wrong...and I wish that I could say what it is, but I have to wait a few more weeks till I can announce it. All I know, is if it is confirmed...it was COMPLETLEY unexpected, but the lord has his ways.
I received the promotion for the HR Generalist position, but have been waiting to start till they fix the salary they originally offered me. I will not work for peanuts here people! And that is what I was practically being offered. A little bit disrespectful in my taste. I have a new HR manager who is causing annouance amoung operations and HR, so that has made the last few weeks a little difficult.
Mark got in to U of A to finish up his last year and a half in chemistry. Never really doubted that he would get in because of his steller grades. My mark is so smart :) He has worked so hard in school and has not taken any breaks this year so he could transfer asap. I can't wait till he is finished with school and we can take a little more vacations together. But I am so proud of him for sticking to school, golf and working almost every day...he is the hardest working person I know. Some people think he is a slacker because of golf, but what they don't understand is that if it wasn't for golf, we probaly couldn't afford his education. Golf pays for everything! I am very grateful for his amazing talent, he works so hard to be good at it. And he is.
He starts in August and is so excited to be a wild cat. We are hoping that he will be able to continue to law school at the U of A, which will be nice cause we won't have to move...but then again, expect the unexpected.
So pretty much, we have been blessed. The 'unexpected' event is also a blessing, but will just be a challenge for the first few years while mark and I are working, but we will make it work. I know that heavenly father does things for a reason, and his hand was DEFINITLY in this one...no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment