Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Reaching the Goal

Saturday concluded the 6 week fitness challenge with GTX. I lost a total of 12 lbs, gained 2lbs of muscle and went down 4% body fat.
Unfortunately I did not win the competition, I came in third place. But, oddly enough, I am not disappointed. I worked really hard for my results and there was not anything I could have done more that would have made me win. I am very proud of how I did. I did not cheat once in my diet and worked out 5-6 times a week, pushing myself with each workout.
I am so happy that I joined this challenge. It was the motivation I needed to get the ball rolling again on my weight loss. I am still 20lbs short of my ultimate personal goal, but I know that I can get there if I apply the same sort of dedication as I did while competing.
I love exercise! It is my 'me' time where I can focus on perfecting myself.
I am going to go back to strict diet after spring break and shoot for reaching my 20lb weight loss goal. I have lost a total of 40lbs since starting at the gym almost a year ago. I am going for a total weight loss of 60lbs by October...I KNOW I can do this!




No comments:

Post a Comment