Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mi Linda Lily

I was reading an article the other night regarding the importance of teaching your daughter the  intelligence over beauty. Instead of telling a girl how beautiful or pretty she is, you should say how smart she is or ask her questions regarding her intelligence. Though I agree with the importance of promoting intelligence and independence in young women, I also believe beauty needs to be re-defined. My daughter is beautiful. She will always be beautiful to me. Beauty is held both inside and out, not just based on the physical, but ones personality as well. Lily is beautiful because she is kind, intelligent, happy and physically a very pretty little girl (I'm biased). I want her to always know what it means to be beautiful and never doubt who she is. With that being said, I took some pictures of her this afternoon. She brings happiness to everyone around her and kindest and sweetest little girl. If you doubt me? Then you've obviously never met mi Linda Lily :)
Eating grapes from the grape vine.

The light of my life, the sunshine in my sould

Loves her daddy!

She is truly beautiful

Total Lily pose!


My happy girl





No comments:

Post a Comment