We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our families. Each year we have the opportunity to attend two dinners. One with the Ontiveros and the other with the Hortons. Needless to say, we eat A LOT. This year, was a little different. We ate at the rehabilitation center where Grandma O and Randy are staying. It turned out to be really nice, and it was wonderful to be able to spend it with them, especially because we did not think we would be able to. Lily enjoyed walking around the table, sitting with her aunts, cousins, grandparents and eating their food. She especially loved eating Zane's turkey drum stick!
Then off to the Hortons, we had dinner with my sister and her family who drove down from Utah. I love them and missed them a lot, wish we still had them near by. Andrew and Whitney joined us as well, so it was good times with the fam.
I decided to not go black Friday shopping this year and just enjoy a relaxing day with my family. We saw the hunger games which was amazing. Really low key day.
As always with this time of the year, your heart lingers on the things you are blessed with and ways you can give back to others. I can never express just how much I love my little family. Mark and Lily bring me so much joy, I cannot imagine how I ever or could ever live without them. I try not to think about them not existing in my life because it makes me sad, but how on earth did I live 25 years without them in my life?! I pray everyday that they are protected and kept from harm, cause to not have them in my life would end me. They are my greatest blessing, for them I would do anything.
Tomorrow begins packing up and moving out of our apartment into g-ma's house, not sure how long we will be there, at least 6 months, I'm pretty sad to leave our place. It is warm, cozy and feels like 'our place'. However, the more I allow the idea of leaving to sink in, the more I want to slap myself for mopping. As long as I have my little family, I can learn to be happy with wherever I am residing. Nothing else matters. Besides, should be nice to live in a house, right? Hopefully this decision will be a wise one.
No comments:
Post a Comment