| Had to snap a picture of her concentration on the potty...even with her diaper on. |
I'm thinking Lily is ready to be potty trained. I figure this for a few reasons:
1. She hides when she needs to poop. Behind the couch, by a chair or runs into another room.
2. She takes interest in others using the potty.
3. She sits on her potty chair while I'm going potty and then will hand me toilet paper.
4. She takes off her diaper to roam the halls naked.
5. Her diaper is dry in the morning, and does not pee till she has her morning milk.
6. She says 'yuck' when she poops....
Funny story: Yesterday, Lily and I were taking a shower together, usually she plays in the shower while I bathe. I was busy washing my hair when I hear her say 'YUCK YUCK YUCK!' I laughed and asked her why she was saying yuck...looked down and noticed a nice little surprise, poop. At least she acknowledged it was gross.
So, I'm thinking we are ready to potty train. I don't want to be one of those moms who rush their child to potty train so they don't have to deal with diapers, but then again I don't want to ignore her signs of 'readiness' and miss this chance.
It will be a bit of an challenge because I'm not with her during the day...so time to get the grandparents on board as well. My baby is growing up! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment