2014 has been one of the craziest years for our little family so far. A lot of good and a lot of bad. At times I thought that every month in the year held an unfortunate surprise for us, I wondered where the bad luck was coming from. Had a broken foot to start off the year, we lost Marks father in March to his battle with Diabetes, Mark had two heart surgeries, we were out of our house for two months for repairs and I was diagnosed with Gallbladder disease…just to name a few happenings, a lot more did occur unfortunately. Despite the difficult things that happened this past year, we also had some pretty wonderful things occur. I got a new and better job, Mark graduated from U of A and started the master’s program, he was offered a job for after masters graduation, we had an amazing family reunion with the Horton’s and we received the news we would be blessed with a second child in the upcoming year.
As my anxiety rises thinking about what 2015 has in store for us, I can’t help but think about the savior speaking to the father in the garden, ‘nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.’ I’m always skeptical and nervous about the future. But what I need to continue to keep in mind, is I have zero control over what will happen in the year. The only thing I can do is have faith that my life is going down the path that has been laid before me. The cards I’ve been dealt. It is hard to not be hurt or disappointed when misfortune comes our way. But hopefully we can have the faith and peace knowing all in the will of the father. I pray that this year will be good to us. That as we approach some big life changes, like having another child, surgeries and moving to Phoenix, that we will be watched over, protected from harm and have the health we need to press forward. Here’s to a new year, and the hope it will be prosperous.
No comments:
Post a Comment