Friday, June 19, 2015

31st Birthday Done...Let's Have a Baby!

Had a wonderful birthday as usual.
This birthday felt a little out of the ordinary. Usually I'd plan it out to make sure we did fun stuff all day, but this year I really did not care whether or not it was celebrated. I can't take my mind off of the more important events that need to pass this year. I worked a half day, and then got to spend the rest relaxing with my little family, which is all I wanted.

We went and played at Chuckee Cheese. All three of us enjoyed playing our games. Lily on the rides and dancing with Chuckee, me playing Deal or No Deal and Mark on the basketball hoop. Overall we had a good time kicking back and spending time with each other.


Dinner with the family and then off to bed. It was very low key, and I loved it.

Got lots of after pregnancy stuff, money, gift cards and Mark got me a gift card to get my hair cut and colored after the baby comes. I was surprised the next day at work with a baby shower and birthday gifts. They decorated my office, which looked great. I'm very lucky to have such wonderful friends and co-workers.

I'm excited for this boy of ours to come join our family! I'm so over being pregnant at this point. Not just for the discomfort, but the worry and anticipation. Last week we got a little scare. I had noticed that he was not moving as frequently as usual, but since I was going to my NST appointment that morning I did not worry about the movements. He continued to not move very much during the NST, even after eating juice and crackers. So, the doctor sent me to get a bio physical ultrasound, which they measure different factors to determine if the baby is distressed. He got a 6 out of 8 because of his lack of breathing movements to show he was practicing breathing. I guess that, combined with the lack of movements caused my OB to want me to go to the hospital to be evaluated. She said, 'worse case scenario, you'll be induced today.' I would have thought i'd be thrilled to potentially have the baby that day, but I wasn't, I was scared. I did not want him to be forced out due to potential risks or complications. Luckily he began to move more and gave the OB what they needed to excuse me from the hospital.

I went in for my normal appointment yesterday, and everything looked good with the baby. I was dilated to 4cm and showing some good progress.

This morning I noticed some light bleeding and have now been having contractions every 10 min. We'll see what happens but looks like we may have the baby between tonight and tomorrow...but who knows. They are super painful contractions, which is a much different experience then with Lily, but then again this experience has been different from the start. Just pray for a safe labor and delivery.  



We've pretty much decided on a name, but will wait to announce it till he's born.

Excited to meet my son!

Lily also got her first hair cut this weekend, it was a dreaded moment for me, but fortunately her curls stayed in tact.





No comments:

Post a Comment