Had an ultrasound about two weeks ago and they discovered that I have 2 cm too much amniotic fluid. The condition is called 'Polyhydramnios'. I've always assumed having too little amniotic fluid would be the only need to be concerned, but having too much is too. of course, right away I turn to google, which is stupid, because you see all the worst case scenarios for the condition show up: hemorrhaging after birth, still births and placenta abruption...and so on. And according to 'The Google', the cause may be due to genetic abnormalities or infection, so of course, I begin to worry. Talking to my physician, has put me at ease. In over 65% of cases there is no way to pinpoint the cause, and mothers can still have healthy delivery's'. My OB believes that I may have had the same issue when pregnant with Lily, cause when she broke my water she commented on how much water there was. On the plus side, I get to have an NST and Ultrasound every week to check on the baby, wohoo! Baby is doing really well however, and there is not a huge concern since I'm on the low end of 'too much'. He is being monitored, and we are all aware so we can take precaution, which is comforting. Due to the extra fluid however, I feel extra uncomfortable. I'm constantly having to take deep breaths due to the pressure on my lungs. I feel so heavy and huge right now! Because of this, I was not able to walk the 5k this weekend, which was a really big bummer to my ego. But I know I would have felt terrible the next day had I done the walk. We've recommitted to completing it, running, next year 2016.
Two weeks ago the baby was measuring at about 5.6 lbs. As of last week we found out he has hair on his head, but the little stinker will not turn from facing my back to see his face! We got a nice shot of his twig and berries, which Mark says look too big to be testicles (he's just jealous. lol) He still moves around a lot, which I love and worries me when he is not constantly wiggling around. He is faced down head first right now, and I'm dilated to 1cm...which is a good sign we are making progress. We have gone ahead and scheduled me to be educed for sure on June 23rd, unless the little man decides to come earlier (hope he does!). At least we have an end point. My co-workers are creating a pool to see when the baby will come. Some say the week of the 14th, one said the 9th....but who knows. I've been having a lot of contractions this week, some other signs of preterm labor as well, so it may be next week? I'll have another appointment on Thursday with the doctor, so we will see if I've made further progress this week.
| The Kibbles and Bits |
![]() |
| can't turn it so it makes sense, but this is his head, the little arrows are pointing to hair follicles. |
| BIG MAMA! 36 Weeks (If it looks like I've been crying, it's cause I had just watched the Sixth Sense, and the end made me cry like a baby...don't watch sad movies while pregnant!) |
So, three more weeks for sure. Can't wait to meet my little man, it'll be a relief to have him here safe and sound. Lots of prayers for a safe labor and delivery and healthy Mommy and Baby Boy.
And....we still do not have a name :)
Now for Lily updates...
She's the best, as usual. Mark signed her up for Dance Classes for the summer, he is such a cute daddy taking his baby girl to lessons...wish I could go!
| Yup, lily and her butt crack showing...all the time! |
We also took her to a Frozen Sing-a-Long last Saturday and she had a blast! Love my little mini Elsa.
| She was so excited, but totally star struck, she had forgotten how to speak! |
| Ready to SING |

No comments:
Post a Comment