I really love being a mother, but I'm not really a fan of mothers day. It's all me, not anyone else's fault. Mark tries really hard to have me enjoy mothers day...I just don't like attention. So every year (since lily was 2, I liked my first mothers day) I've had to push myself to have a good attitude about the day. We came down to Tucson for the weekend to celebrate with our mothers, I attended my mom's relief society so I could be with her and then came home to a delicious brunch that mark prepared for us. He was unable to get me the charm for my bracelet that I wanted cause Things Remembered decided they don't do charms anymore (boo!) and so mark got me a Pandora charm which has Jacobs birthstone. It was beautiful, except, it does not fit my bracelet :( So, I'm taking back the charm and with the money I'm going to get Lily and I a hair cut and take her to a movie on Saturday for a Mommy Daughter date. I like that :) Then my sweet mother in law got me a huge pressure cooker/ crockpot/canner, it's pretty awesome. I've decided I'm going to take up canning for a new hobbies, so bring on the pickled veggies and fruit preserves! My mom gave me a bunch of herbs to pot on our balcony, so looks like I'm set in the kitchen.
As the day progressed and I got lots of cuddles from my babies and kisses from my Love, I realized how silly my attitude was at the start of the day. I am so blessed, with such an amazing little family and being a Mommy is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love my babies more then I ever fathomed I could. They are my world. Being a mother is such an honor that I should never take for granted. I thank heavenly father for the gift of motherhood every day.
 |
| How we wake up every morning, only way to wake up! |
 |
| I did not even have to ask her for a kiss...makes my heart burst with happiness |
 |
| I love my mommy, I have the privilege of having the most amazing woman in the world as my mother. |
 |
| Jacob LOVES his Amma. He prefers her over me! I think it's cause she feeds him all the time and he loves to grab her eyelashes. |
 |
| Oh my heavens, she is so amazing! |
 |
| Love my little family!! |
 |
| So blessed to be their mommy, no better calling on earth or in heaven. |
No comments:
Post a Comment