Our weight loss competition has come to an end. BUT, it's still not the end of our change to life style. We had agreed at the beginning of the year to join a weight loss completion with a group of friends in order to kick start us back into shape. the challenge was to take the first 4 months of the year to reach our own personal goals.
Mark was good, and dedicated himself to the process of losing weight. He ate strict Paleo for three months and then Whole30 for the last month. Thru crazy busy season with work, working 10-15 hour days and eating out for almost every meal, he still managed to lose weight and surpass his goal. He amazes me and I'm so proud of him!
Marks stats:
- Starting weight: 265lbs; 30.2% BF
- Goal: lose 30lbs in 4 months
- Result: 227lbs; 19.5% BF...AMAZING! Surpassed goal by 8 lbs!
I was not as disciplined as Mark. I did not start working out until the end of the second month, and was attempting to eat a modified Paleo diet the first three months, still allowing myself treats with Lily every now and then. And then Whole30 the last month. I still managed to lose weight, but it really kicked up a knotch when I started working out four days a week and being more strict with my diet. I struggle with the concept 'until you've reached your goal, you have to eat strict' I just want balance in my life! Enjoy eating healthy majority of the time, but allow treats. I am tired of caring about my physic and weight...I just want to look like an athlete but eat like a teenager! And then the voice of my once trainer, Kory Faber, pops into my head 'People who are satisfied with their health and physic are okay to eat treats, until you've reached that point, treats can wait.' He is right. And I know that. Some say I put too much pressure on myself, and they may be right, but they've never known what its like to be an overweight child/teenager/adult who's always wanted to be an athletic person. SO, with that being said, my weight loss journey is definitely not over. I still have an ultimate goal to reach, I want to be an athlete.

Andrea stats:
- Starting weight: 217lbs; 36.3% BF
- Goal: Lose 25lbs in 4 months
- Result: 193lbs; 30.8% BF...goal short 2lbs! tragic. BUT i still lost 6% body fat, which is pretty great. I also lost 4 inches from waist and bust and 2 inches from hips.
 |
love being back in a box working hard, regardless of how unflattering I look doing it.
Our celebration, going to the Chipotle Cultivate festival. It was fun, until it was canceled due to lightning which stinks. Of all the days!
 lucas graham
We also spent some time with my mom and Ricardo at the temple two Sundays ago, it was great.
and lily
and I love snap chat... too much.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment