Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Boda de Anadine y Ricardo 9.10.16



My mommy finally decided to marry Ricardo, 9/10/16.
Six years ago, my parents got divorced. It was sad, but something that was necessary for both sanity and happiness. It was a hard decision, as they had been married for 38 yrs. I will not go into any details about their marriage, as that was their marriage, not mine, therefore no ones' business but theirs. All I can say, it was a good thing for both of them.
One year later, my mom met Ricardo thru a mutual friend on Facebook. He is from Iquique Chile, they began to form a friendship, he was a kind person who gave comfort to my mom at a very hard time in her life. Three years ago he came to the USA to visit and stay with my mom, they were great friends, nothing more. He left promising to return if my mom wanted to marry him. Fast-Forward to this year, he did return. My mom struggled over the decision to marry him, not because she was unsure about him, but she still felt she needed to be loyal to my father. Ricardo was supposed to leave September 18th back to Chile, my mom decided she could not imagine him not in her life (sounds familiar to me) and decided she needed to take a leap of Faith to find happiness and love. I could not be more happy for my mom. Ricardo is an awesome man, much like my mom in his willingness to serve others and a deep love for family and God. I know they will be happy together and my mom can finally have a partner who shares her same dreams.
The ceremony was simple and sweet, you could feel the love throughout the ceremony and reception. They danced at the reception, which was so sweet to watch. My brother david gave a beautiful toast, and really said everything us kids would have said about my mom and ricardo being together.  My mom was glowing the entire time. It made my heart so happy! I love her so much. She is honestly the most amazing woman I've ever known, and she deserves all the happiness this life can provide. I'm happy to have Ricardo as my Step Father and pray he will always make her happy.


Family friends of ours did the cake, it was so beautiful


Lily was SO excited to be Amma's flower girl.


They are the cutest little couple! I'm only 5'6, just to give some perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment