Mark turned the big 3-0 on Thursday the 15th. We had a fun day of Breakfast, Golf and a dinner at Fogo de Chao. It was a great day celebrating my love.
BUT...the main event was going to Minnesota on Friday thru Monday for the Vikings Inaugural game at their new stadium against the Green Bay Packers.
We had such an amazing time! This was a big deal. We can say we were their to christen the stadium. We were the first to sit in those seats and cheer on our favorite team. IT WAS A DREAM COME TRUE...for Mark ;) I'm glad I got to be with him to fulfill this dream.
We had talked about how cool it would be there two years ago when it was announced they'd get a new stadium, but we never thought we'd actually be able to go. It felt like trying to go to the superbowl. Marks father wanted to be there, we had hoped he'd live long enough to be there with Tina, but unfortunately his body had other plans, Mark got to be there in his fathers name. I could sense Mark missed his father and hoped he was there in spirit, which I'm sure he was.
It was hard to be away from the kids for so long and in another state, but so worth the memories created and time spent with Mark. He is my best friend, and I cherish every moment I get with him.
We had a blast, and the Vikings WON!
| Our adventures in Minnesota. Mall of America and an awesome polish restaurant downtown that starts with a 'K' but I can't remember the name...oops. |



No comments:
Post a Comment