Thursday, August 26, 2021

Welcome to the World Jonah Ignacio Ontiveros a.k.a NACHO!

Jonah Ignacio Ontiveros has finally joined our family and we feel so fortunate, blessed and complete with our new little man. He was born on August 20th, 2021 at 3:33am. He was 8lbs 4oz (exactly like lily), 20.5 inches in length with a 14.5cm head circumfurance (big, but not as big as they projected) He is absolutley perfect in every way. I visited my OB on Thursday the 19th to do a membrane sweep to start up contractions and possibly induce labor. by about 1:00 I started getting some light contractions ever 30 minutes of so. We went on a walk, ate pineapple and I bounced on my giant ab ball. By around 10:30, my contractions started to get a little stronger and closer together. By the time we put the kids to sleep, the contractions started to become more painful and about 10 to 8 min apart. I called the doctor and they advised I go to Mercy Gilbert to get checked by triage. We gathered our things and headed to the hospital with Amma following behind. The first road we took was blocked by construction, which got me really nervous cause my contractions were now about 5-3 min apart with 30 minutes to the hospital. Oh my goodness were those contractions painful! Every turn, bump and brake of the car made me feel like my insides were being twisted. I never experienced these types of contractions with both Lily and Jacob. We arrived to L & D around 12am, walking to L&D was so painful and they were asking me like a million questions. I don't know if I answered all the questions correctly when they asked during a contraction and all the questions threw of my focus. I wanted the epidural ASAP! They checked me in triage, I was 6cm and 100 percent efaced and ready to be checked in for delivery of mr. Nacho. We settled in delivery, and Dr. Prittchard the on call doctor came in. She was the calmest, sweetest person and just what I needed to feel secure that everything would be okay. She said 'we'll get Dr. Wood in here to do your epidural and then we will break your water. The baby should come shortly after for a beautiful delivery.' It was exciting to know that soon we would meet our sweet Nacho boy. I also had tested positive for group b strep, so I had to have an IV of antibiotics, but knew we would get through both bags by delivery. So, epidural was administered, the immediate feeling of a warm blanket. This time it workedd on both sides (unlike Lily's) and then all painful contractions were gone. Epidurals, what an incredible thing they are! Could not imagine going natural like I did with Jacob this time. No joke, worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Anyways, I was feeling good, and waiting for the urge to push. It came about an hour later and we knew it was time to begin pushing. I thought for sure I'd have to push alot like I did with Lily, but the doctor gave me some good pointers that helped. The contraction came, I bore down and pushed, took a breath, pushed again, one more breath one more push and he was out! One contraction and he was out and onto my chest. He had sucked up a little fluid, so he was having a hard time breathing at first. We rubbed his back to get him to cry, but he just kept grunting. I kissed his head, told he to keep going and give a cry and then he began to cry more clearing his airways. I didn't realize during delivery that I had kept my mask on. I should've removed it so my pictures didn't look so funny, oh well. I definitly cried tears of joy to hold my sweet boy. So much emotion with this one. All my children's deliveries have been special, and have carried a flow of emtion and joy. However, little Nacho comes after 5 years of trying to have a successful pregnancy. Two pregnancy loses. And the constant defeating feeling that we would never have a the third child we so desired. This pregnancy carried a lot of anxiety. All the kick counts, doppler listenings, heart recordings and lack of sleep every night wondering if he would be gone if I slept. After my first miscarrage, I remember knowing that the baby would pass as I was already activley miscarrying. I had a talk with my baby and told them they could go, but to return back to me. I really feel that was my sweet Nacho and he had kept his promise to return to us. I kept saying this to him as he spent an hour on chest taking his first breaths 'You returned to me.' I am so eternally grateful to be a mother. And that we have now the opportunity to raise 3 beautiful babes. My heart aches for those who have tried and lost that little life. I know that loss and it is truly painful. I wouldnt wish that upon anyone. I pray that Little Nacho stays healthy in his little body. And we will do the best we can to raise him in this crazy wold. So very grateful for our babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment