Thursday, August 12, 2021
Waiting game 38 weeks
We have reached 38 weeks. Thought he'd come out by now. There are many things not enjoyable about pregnancy, I think the waiting for the arrival is one of them. I'm ready to dive into the cold waters of the pool, but I can't yet. My mind and body feel ready, but it's not happening. I have inconsitent contractions, loss of mucous plug, dialated and effaced, but nothing. Uh, so annoying how all this plays with my head! Especially since we do not have family right around the corner to watch our little ones, and I don't want to make my friends have to help us out if I go into labor in the middle of the night. It'd just be so nice if these things could be planned. But alas, they are not. So I hang out at home, cleaning, orgnanizing, napping and just waiting. I thought Tuesday night it was happening. Had a really hard contraction during the night and felt nauseous the rest of the night till taking the kids to school. Only problem was we were having heavy mansoon rains and I didn't want our moms to have to travel here in the rain. There really never seems to be a convenient time. Everyone has requests (don't have the baby and this and that time), can't control it people. If I could, then I'd have him in my arms by now. The waiting game sucks.
Anyways, luckily from what they could see in the ultrasound, he is doing well. The Umblical cord does not seem to be around his neck anymore, so that is a relief if I go into labor fast. I tested positive for Group B for the first time ever and still have 2 ml too much amniotic fluid, but non of those things concern me. I know it'll be okay. Just need to get to the hospital with ample time to get antibiotics and for my water to break. I'm not even concerend that he may be a big baby. Everytime we have an ultrasound, the tech points that out. Super annoying. They are making him out to be a giant abnormal human, 'He's got big hands and feet!'and 'He's a big boy!' are things I hear alot. We have another sizing ultrasound on Monday if he isn't here yet. But honestly I'm not concerned. Lily was larger, so I have a feeling he will be like her. He has got the most beautiful mouth! (based on the ultrasound pics) and looks already like Lily and Mark. I am so excited to meet him. I had my NST and check up today. The NST was good, and not much more progress from last Thursdays check up, a little over 2cm dialated and 50 percent effaced. She did however say that my amniotic fluid sac was begining to buldge, which means that one strong kick from the baby could break my water. I am dreading this because I know he will come ridiculously fast! Soely basing this off of my last two labors, which once my water broke with Lily, I was pushing and she was out in an hour, Jacob came out with the water. So praying he does not break my water and especially not in the middle of the night. I don't want to have to deliver my baby and home or at the hospital down the road. My OB scheduled me for an induction on the 19th, which would be super convenient because then all of our kids will have been born on the 19th day of their birth months. I have been anxious for him to come asap, but now I'm hoping he will wait till I'm induced so it can be a bit more predictable. Just pray he is healthy and comes into this world safely. And that I too will be healthy and safe thru this labor, delivery and after birth process. I have lots of anxiety about all of it, would just like to come out of this with a happy ending.
Mark got me a birthstone ring with each of the kids stones on it. Love it. No matter the outcome of this pregnancy, I know Nacho will always be our son and apart of our eternal family. I know, I'm morbid...Just my way of coping with my own fears.
So, when will he arrive?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment