
Today in my primary class we celebrated the birthday of one of our little girls who was born on 9/11/01. One of the kids in the class said to her 'it is kind of sad that you were born on 9/11'. The little girl looked a little sad after this comment, so I said the the boy who made the comment 'actually it is really wonderful that she was born on 9/11, cause she was one of those babies that showed us that even though bad things happen, we can look forward that life goes on and we can still find joy in life.' After that I shared about where I was on 9/11 and what I felt when I saw the towers fall. None of the children in my class (other then the birthday girl) were alive at the time of 9/11, so they were interested in hearing from someone who witnessed the tragedy.
This made me think about my children and how we someday will have to tell them about that day and where we were. Mark and I talked about our experiences and how we felt that day, we both talked about how we would never forget what happened and always remember those who were lost. Through that remembrance, we can honor them by teaching our children about what happened and how from tragedy, there is hope for happiness...no matter what!
No comments:
Post a Comment