Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween 2013 was a blast! Great way to end the month considering all that has happened.
We attended two trunk or treats and went house to house on the 31st. Lily is a trick or treating pro.
My work put together a trunk or treat for the kids, which turned out great. At one point we lost lily, which was scary, but she turned out by the jumping castle...my heart stopped only for a moment.
Then off to Vail ward trunk or treat. Had my car decorations up for about 20 minutes and then had to take them down because we ran out of candy. Mormons have to many children.
Halloween night. We got off to a late start (by my standards, we should have been out before the sun fell) but we still managed to get a good amount of candy. Most houses ran out of candy by 7pm. We pushed lily in her little red wagon, she chilled as we went house to house collecting goods. When we would get to a house, she would lean over, grab her candy pale and say 'awayt' (alright). Then with a smile she would walk up to the door and say 'tik twee'. She was lovin' it! The fire department was passing out glow sticks and lily wanted to see the fireman in the dog suit. she gave him a hug and kiss and then sat down on his lap eating her candy, while other little kids assumed her candy pale was free for grabs, provided by the fire department. It was pretty funny.
 
Mark and I were a little lame and did not dress up this year. I guess I was so caught up in Lily's two costumes, I did not figure out something for us. Next year, we will definitely need to dress up! I've already planned some ideas.
I've eaten so much candy today it is disgusting! So ashamed, but not ashamed enough to stop! I will recommit to healthy eating on Monday...and then live it up on Thanksgiving :) I have a whole life time to eat healthy...I'll enjoy these moments!
Lots of pics!

Love my Lollipop Princess

some of my favorite trunk or treat cars




Our car, I was the crazy pumpkin lady

The three scary HR ladies...I have great co-workers





Just Chillin'


The Pro

4 comments:

  1. wasn't she going to be Richard Simmons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was for a party we went to, but it was to cold outside for Richard Simmons costume, and Richard does NOT wear long sleeves or pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete