Wednesday, October 19, 2011

OH, OREGON...

I had the wonderful opportunity to visit my hometown of Portland Oregon. Mark was unable to come with me because of school, so I got to go with my mom and sister. We had the best time! Everyday I would think...'and WHY did I leave?!' Though...I needed to in order to meet Mark...but blah blah blah, I miss it!
I got to see some of my friends from highschool that are still living near by, meet their children and see what beautiful woman they have become.
We walked the waterfront, visited saturdays market and then got some doughnuts at Voo Doo doughnuts. The best part was reminising on old times with my wonderful friends. I love how after all of these years of being apart, it still feels like we can talk as if we never separtated.
We also visited our old neighborhood, the old house is still just as beautiful, however with some minor changes that make it feel like it is not my old home. So many memories in that house. We visited the old ward, lots of the same people I grew up with are there and it was awesome to see them.
We then went to the Oregon Coast and visited the beach, at some clam chowder at Mo's and enjoyed all of the beauty that I have missed so much. We went to the Tillamook Creamery, ate some yummy icecream and bought lots of cheese...oh yeah. Other then that we did lots of shopping, I have missed the style of portland clothing and how fashion actually matters! It was a nice change. Someday I hope that mark and I can live in Portland, but until that becomes a reality, guess I will just have to visit. I LOVE OREGON!

No comments:

Post a Comment