Okay, I'm about to lay it all out there...
I had a weigh in today. I have lost about 6 more lbs (scale pounds, not body fat) since my last weigh in. Last month I lost 4 scale lbs. I passed a pound thresh hold (ie. going from 200's to 90's) and now weigh the same as when I got prego with Lily. So I should have been happy, right? Well, I was pleased. Not happy, but pleased. As in, 'that's nice, now lets get on with it so I can reach a real goal' kind of reaction. Most people would be happy with any kind of weight loss, but I expect more out of myself. In talking to my trainer, who by the way is proud of my weight loss, says that most people are excited when they see the hundreds again. I told him that until I weigh the same as when I married mark, then I will be 'happy'.
As I was driving home, being upset at myself for even gaining the weight when I got married. I started to bring my mind back into perspective.
When I left for Spain six years ago, I weighed 225lbs...yeah, yikes. It took me TWO YEARS to get to 175. I felt great, looked great, but it took me two years of walking all over Spain and eating fish for me to get to that weight. So a total of 50lbs in two years. I had no other physical training other then walking, so I was kind of soft.
Present day, starting weight after baby (3 months ago) 215lbs. Now with working out and diet, down to 195lbs after 3 months. If I continue to lose about 5 lbs a month, we are looking at 50lbs in 10 months. Pretty awesome considering it took me two years to do it before!
So I think my trainer is right. I do set my expectations to high for myself and I am to hard on myself. I need to be proud of my accomplishments. As long as I am trying and making an effort to follow the diet and exercise, I won't be disappointed. Physically, I feel better then I ever did at this weight, which counts for a lot.
I guess it is just all about perspective!
No comments:
Post a Comment