Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Whole30 Down Hill Slope; Days 1-19
We are now on the down hill slope of our Whole30 experience. It's been interesting.
First 12 days we were feeling pretty low energy and tired. I especially was and still am having a hard time finding the energy to do my workouts everyday. My joint pain has not stopped in my knees, so I'm thinking that is something Whole30 cannot alleviate, need to get it looked at by a doctor.
Days 11 and 12 I think I was feeling the 'I'm over it' stage. Getting tired of trying to figure out what we can eat for dinner that will make me not loath eating. I am losing my excitement over cooking and eating...it's just boring when you can't be as creative. But then on the night of day 12 I decided to make hamburgers. They were delicious and helped me get out of the rut I was feeling. Though, I believe this is the very definition of 'Sex With Your Pants On' (SWYPO). This is a phrase used in Whole30 when you try to give in to temptation without actually 'giving in'. Your more likely to fail when you do this because having a Paleo-fied hamburger will not completely satisfy your urge to have a real one...but in this case, it totally did! And I actually discovered I prefer my burger over a real one, had more flavor.
ANYWAYS...
So days 14 thru 17 we were in Tucson visiting family, Mark was given time off on Friday due to the 'end of tax' season (though he's not a tax accountant), we went to the Pima county fair which was not as difficult for me as a I thought it would be. It was for Mark, it was pretty hard for him to see and smell all the carnival food that he loves so much. Maybe it's because he's never had to be on a diet during fair time or has at least allowed himself to indulge? Me on the other hand, I've had several fair's that I had diet restrictions, so I was good. I got a hamburger patty and they loaded it with lots of grilled veggies, I'm sure I'm not the first carbless weirdo they've encountered.
Then day 16 I went to TOFW with Tina, lunch time was easy as there are lots of restaurants that provide dishes with just protein and veggies. I had a potato hash with an egg, not too different then what I usually have in my day. However, I believe it had Rye in it...which I'm not sure if its Whole30 compliant....but I don't really like it. After lunch I started to feel really nauseas, and was sitting in the back of the room for most of the last half of the conference. not sure if it had anything to do with what I ate, or my body is just silly. Who knows?!
So now that we survived a mini vacation, I'm pretty sure we can handle the next 11 days. Mark has seen an improvement in his energy levels and is only 2lbs short of goal (MEN!) I'd like to see my energy spike, I think I need to consume more carb rich veggies to compensate for my workouts, I hate not having energy to lift, squat and run! My workouts are what makes me love living a healthy lifestyle the most and now I feel drained and not recovering as fast. I've also been doing a Whole30 no-no by weighing myself everyday. This is a life no-no as well, but when you're involved in a weight loss competition (which I vow to never do again) it's hard not to obsess about it! The scale weight is not budging like I'd like it too, though I am fitting better into my clothes which is good. My xhema is also gone and my skin is looking great! Just got to stay focused on the non-scale victories, cause that's what in the end really matters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment