Friday, April 8, 2016

Whole30 week1

Whole30 day 1

Well we are going to take our diet up a notch from Paleo to whole 30 beginning April 1. I've heard good things about whole 30 not just about weight loss but about overall feeling in body being much healthier, but also breaking your addiction to sugar. Which I know that I have. I need to be able to think the food as just an energy source not as entertainment! So hopefully this process will help me. I figure it's only 30 days so why not give it a try? The only downside is that we will be going to the Pima County fair next month and we won't be able to eat fair food yet again I think I have not been able to eat food at the fair since Lily was born. But maybe that's a good thing? My hopes for doing whole 30 are to be able to ease some of my joint pains, have more energy in my workouts and of course to drop a few pounds. I still have 10 more pounds to lose before I reach my goal for the weight-loss competition so hopefully I can catch up this last month. And then I can work on never trying to diet again! Just living a healthy lifestyle which is what I want to do for the rest of my life. And not focus so much on weight loss! Just being human will be a nice change for a while. Since we have started eating Paleo from the beginning of the year it has been really awesome to see Lily's  change and how she views food. Today I gave her the opportunity to eat some of her Easter candy and she took a few bites of her chocolate bunny and wanted to save the rest because it was too sweet and she was asking me for water because it was too sweet. She also realizes that sugar is not a good thing for her body. And she knows that her body loves eating healthy food which is great! We had fun making healthy treats together and enjoying other treats that aren't so healthy every once in a while but we know that they are treats! I want her to have a healthy relationship with food that she can be able to enjoy it but also have a realization of how it affects her. I'm really proud of the progress she has made in her health and in gym class she is really loving being athletic and doing good things for her body. If I don't accomplish anything for myself, its at least doing something for her. We make it a tradition that every Thursday after I finish my CrossFit class we go to sprouts to pick out the protein bar usually it is just a fruit and nut bar but it is a treat for her and for me. I do see how much more energy I have during my workouts and tell I'm much stronger. I love exercise it's so addictive. I am going to make it a goal for me to be able to do a pull-up by the end of the year and to be able to do a handstand which would be awesome but I think that will take longer than a year. We will check in from now to see our progress with whole 30 but I am excited to try it wish us luck!

Andrea Starting weight: 205lbs, chest: 38, waist 38, hip:46, thigh: 22, body fat: 35.6%

Mark starting weight: 238lbs body fat 29%

Whole30 day8
So far so good, we've been good about following the rules. Though I think I need to food prep more so we are not finding ourselves hungry with nothing to eat. Which happens frequently since there is no 'pick up and go snacks. Going to Tucson this week was hard cause of all the temptations to cheat, but I stayed strong. Mark is easy to please so he did good this week. So far I've dropped 2lbs, mark dropped 4lbs and only 5lbs from goal (lucky guy). I dont see any other changes other then I'm more tired and hungry. I need to go back to my four days in the box, I only worked out once this week, real bad. We will see if the energy spikes up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment