So this week has been interesting. I think it was a bad idea for the doctor to tell me I could have the baby this week. Because that is all I've been thinking about!
This morning I went to the hospital thinking that my water broke. After a few hours of testing, turns out it was a false alarm and my water is still in tact. Baby is doing great and head down. The exact verbage from the nurse was, 'wow, her head is really far down!' all I could think was, 'then why dosen't she come out already!'
I am now dialated to 3cm, but am not contracting enough to have the baby yet. Mark and I got to see an ultrasound of the baby, apparently I have a lot of amniotic fluid ( which is good). So if my water breaks, then I will know. I think the baby is going to be bald. I did not see any hair in the ultra sound...but she has a very cute nose!
Whenever I ask someone 'how will I know if I am having a baby?' and the response I get is 'oh, you'll know'. I hate this response! I thought I knew that I was in labor this morning, but again, I was not. I just want a clear sign...actually, a literal sign would be nice, one that says 'hey andrea, you're having a baby right now!'
I am sure that when it happens, I really will know. But for now, it is sure frustrating. Something that the nurse informed me, was when you are having contractions so hard you can hardly talk through them, that is when you are ready to come it. Best advice yet!
I just got induced so I knew I was having a baby when my midwife said "we're going to induce you because your fluid is low." Then I freaked out and started crying because oh crap I was having a baby! I didn't feel the contractions until after they broke my water and then they didn't get too bad for a few more hours. Good luck. I'm sure you'll know. And I think the "when you can't talk through them" advice is pretty good. Good luck.
ReplyDelete...andddddddddd....you WILL know!!
ReplyDelete